For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

Real books on Taoism

You'll want real books, if you are into the ideas surrounding Tao you'll want more than a few translations of the Tao Te Ching and Chunag Tzu, you've probably found Hua Hu Ching and the Lei Tzu but you've probably also found a load of rubbish peddling itself as the "Tao of X (Y or Z)", Taoism in the A (B or C) and so on telling you everything from inner cultivation to how to arrange your tea set. There is a load of crap out there and only a few and select truly good books.

There may be a few modern writers who can hit Tao on the head but very few I know of. Thankfully one such person came to the attention of The Rambling Taoist and now several written pieces have been published. I carry one complete book The Book of Chen Jen and that is free for you to get a hold of. The Rambling Taoist also publishes books in sections for example The Simple Way The Life & Teachings of Zhouzi which is being serialized now. To get to an index of that book and others go here - look in the left navigation bar under the name Scott Bradley.

What Scott has is the ability to write new stories in the classical way with great depth, meaning and importantly, humour!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

1 comment:

The Rambling Taoist said...

I concur. I am blessed to be able to provide Scott a public forum for his excellent work.

I'd like to say I discovered him, but, in truth, it was the other way around! He happened on my blog and this led to some back and forth email correspondence. He shared some of his writings with me and I quickly realized that said writings were darn good. And the rest is history...