For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

not because

When someone says "this happened because.."

Say to them, 'if they think it is because then they must be able to trace all things back to a beginning?'

To say this is the way things are due to something is not the organic view but the linear chain-of-command view.

And no, we can't change it.

And no, that is not passive indifference or determinism as what/who determines? To speak of determinisms also brings back the linear chain-of-command idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

2 comments:

baroness radon said...

This is making me think about karma and my iPod. When I set it to shuffle, the path is set (even though it's supposedly done by a random number generator. ) There is no changing what song #36 is going to be even if I don't know what it is in advance. But if I reset it, a whole new path is laid out. This seems like some kind of metaphor for resetting the "shuffle" of our lives. I think some practices, like meditation, qigong, help to reset the shuffle.

The Rambling Taoist said...

Ta Wan, So true, so true.