For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

I wave the flag

What must take place for me to walk to a flag pole and move the flag?

Too much to comprehend.

So what does it take for me to lift my hand and face the palm upwards?

Too much, far too much.

So what does it take for me to just sit here?

Even more!

The less I do then the more is done by the universe.

I am done by the universe.

If we sit Zazen in the same room and I fart. We both laugh.

Did the universe try to cheer us up or did I not chew my cabbage properly?

How egocentric it is to sit Zazen. What do I expect to gain?

I hope nothing. I can only sit to do less, to have less, to know less, to recognize how, in all of the vastness, I am being done as is the leaf falling from the tree.

So my ego would like to get. But my self is beyond such -ism. My ego would like to do, but my self does ALL.

My ego should get off the train and see how it still rolls. Ha, leave it behind!

The ego screams Fatalist!! so you feel you have no control? you are being done?!

No, I have no need to speak to the cast off ego but I will do it the favour of replying: I am not a fatalist, I would rather have the one self doing than to always have the ego getting inflated when it manages to do just as the self was already doing, or being deflated when it has a desire that is not in tune with the way.

Rather than attempt to follow Tao, I shall be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

3 comments:

Rizal Affif said...

You shall be. I shall be.
We shall be. Everything shall be.

Everything-as-One is being.

Ta-Wan said...

:-)

Is there a word for One-ing.. ing-ing

What is ing-ing, what entity or thing is doing the inging?

Language traps!

I'm sure we're all on the same page but all meet the impossible task of merging the perfection of the space on the page into words that others can benefit from. :)

Thanks for always commenting. I am reading more of your own thoughts on your blog too.

Rizal Affif said...

Haha, language traps.

I guess that's why wise men wrote poems and haiku instead of logical explanation :D :D :D u're welcome, love following your blog, it's enlightening in some ways :)