For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

School time

I am concerned and a little perplexed when I see people follow Jesus figures, gurus and others. It may be said that I have too much of leaning to Lau Tzu or Chunag Tzu but in both cases I am let off the hook by my feeling that I am not reading their words. I am reading words of wisdom which have been passed on many times, through many people, meditated on by many and myself, they were collated into written works and that is how we have the books. To say one person is responsible for either work is a rarely held view. Also I am not tied to the words, I find great simple clarity to many of the lines but do not see them as infallible or exclusive, just nice pointers to the way.

I am my guru, my teacher is nature and life. I see my way, meditate to my way, act my way. The ego you meet when you meet me is mine, similar to the child I was, the adult I have been and am, it is not affected too much by haves or have nots. The spiritual me is like the ego me but operates best without other people. Spiritual me is here when I am alone, when I meditate, read, write, walk, stand, work, and so on. It is my way until I have to interact with others and then ego me adds life and humour to the situation as required.

Spiritual me learns from nearly every act of ego me, life, nature and others. A shadow may be my teacher, a sound, an insect. It could well be a book, a guru type figure, a wise friend or even a dumb one, anything. I take the experience and it becomes the teaching.

So while I would advise others not to have someone between them and the wow, I also would advise them very strongly not to see me as anything more than a passing reflection in their own being. We are the answer to our quest, each one of us holds the key to the very thing sought. So teacher is in the way, give him a kick, show him who is the boss - and move on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

7 comments:

Ta-Wan said...

Not sure about that line about seeing me as a teacher... How I would fear if someone took my words as anything!! But why am I blogging?

I better hope no one is reading and I may conciser deleting the blog :-O

Leon1234 said...

Nah, don't!!! I love your blog man:) It's awesomeee

Ta-Wan said...

I know you don't take me seriously so all is well ;-)

I may just edit that bit out of the article, that may be better.

Leon1234 said...

You can, but I wouldn't;)

The Rambling Taoist said...

Tao, that was very well put indeed!

Carina Franz said...

Well said... until recently I thought selfbelief would be something which sets me apart, but it isn't. One more smashed illusion my ego had relied on... Imagine, we individualists can be classified and put between ambiguous agnostizism and religious questioning. Our belief is nothing else than just another expression of our ego...

Ta-Wan said...

:-)