For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

Monk questions it all

Monk: "Who am I?"

Master: "There’s only one of us here!

The one you are is that which is.

As is the Reader."

Monk: "Where am I?"

Master: "I will refer to the I you still think you are and not that I whom I just told you you were; as if you had grasped my last answer you would not have asked this.

Tell me, are your lungs part of you?"

Monk: "Of course."

Master: "Then may I ask you what you would rather I took away from you; your lungs or all the air?"

Monk: "I cannot separate them, now I realise master!"

Master: "No, not yet, listen, you are right in that at least, yet further still; The whole universe; remove or change any element and you will cease to be able to ask me questions. While your lungs seem in fact to reach the extremes of our atmosphere, your true ‘I body’ is the entire universe and is ‘that which is’. That which is outside of all your reason, before space and time and breath and lungs and where and who am I questions."

Monk: "Then what is the truth?"

Master: "As that becomes clear you will laugh at how you could ever utter such a question. When it is known, then question and answer will be nothing but lines in a whimsical tale of the monk who realised not. As the truth becomes clear the question and answer are both clearly irrelevant, uninteresting asides to spontaneous living, and... I’m going for sandwich."


Time.

Monk: “There is only now, the past and present can only be thought about in the now and don’t exist by themselves.”

Master: “You see this how?”

Monk: “I see that past and present only have a relative, mentally constructed, reality built from the ‘Now’ and that is all there is…”

Master: “Quiet you fool. Your 'Now' only has a ‘relative, mentally constructed, reality’ to your definition of 'past and present'; so exists not for I. I know no past or present because I know no now, I am. Remember who 'You' are? You referred to yourself as “I” but I see you were not speaking from the true ‘I perspective’, but from yours as a dumb ‘I the separate independent entity’; seeing not that there is, and can be, no separate entities; or that there is no such 'independent thing' anywhere, anyhow; equally like your ideas of 'past, future and now' do not exist! How can you waste your “time” to seek to ask who that unreal, 'mentally constructed I', is? Don’t forget that the I that you seek is unknown to you yet, don’t waste time on that you think that you know. That poor dumb I you are seeking to force into your own concepts of, what must be, a false idea of enlightenment also, is the wrong way down the wrong path, useful to you only as I will now tell you this... To see the real I you will have no interest in your ‘mental constructs’. All you have to do is; stop asking questions, ever again!, There is nothing but that which is, and it can be no other way and that is final.

Never mention your stupid ideas of 'past and future, or Now', again.

Bring me tea at 5. Leave me Now.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

No comments: