For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

Jesus. All about Life!

This is great. The local churches are all doing this "Jesus. All about Life!" campaign to promote God. Even the almighty needs to advertise it seems and he has employed many many people in the role of 'going out and pestering people who were happily getting on with their day but for the person waving a big sign in their face'.

A group of 6 or 7, young, seemingly smart kids, came up to me singing with their sign and they shouted "Jesus. All about Life! - why don't you celebrate with us?"

I smiled as, well, it is rather amusing. I said: "Jesus, a fictional character who given even a minor level of historical inquest was not even called Jesus, is famous for many things - but LIFE is not one of them. He is dead, he died, younger than me, over 2000 years ago, and people have been going on about it ever since. If your campaign is 'all about life' then maybe choose a better mascot, like maybe someone who is ALIVE and not famous for being DEAD, at a young age."

It is the most stupid of all slogans. Like "Mcdonalds, It's all about animals"

Oh maybe the deal is that he saved us all or some rubbish like that? "Hey the wise don't judge, they seek to understand" - you may point at me some way of seeing this powerful message of 'hope' and call me a cynic for missing it, but until I go around with a billboard in your face that says "you are not even real" then I'm not in the same league as these kids.

If I was good at graffiti I'd alter their sign to...
"Jesus, he's dead, but don't worry, it's just a story like Santa and the Easter Bunnies, no one really got hurt (except a few million deaths in religious war, but what's a few murders in the name of peace anyway?)"

Ha ha, is it bad to laugh at this, I hope so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

4 comments:

David "Shinzen" Nelson said...

Yowza! We need to save Jesus from the Christians by burying the Bible for 2000 years.

The Rambling Taoist said...

So how did the group of 6 or 7 youth respond?

Ta-Wan said...

I didn't say it out loud. It was my inner response and I was distracted by the urge to fart so I walked on.

Subsequently quoting Monty Python's "I fart in your general direction". and going about my day :)

Leaf Dharma said...

Mmmmmmmmmm. Farts. (me doing Homer Simpson)