For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

I woke up when

I'm curious. Please tell me in the comment section.

When, how fast and so on did you notice that:

"Hey I now think and feel completely differently than I did before"

What sparked the event? What changed?

For me I would like to think I was always open minded but I was not. A friend played Bill Hicks to me in 1994 and I sort of got some points but just thought it was a comedian. When the twin towers fell I had no idea what they were or where they were. Some time after that a friend gave me the book "The Tao of Physics" and I was so blown away by the various spiritual views on life, that religion was not this strict crap of God and sinners but was instead full of useful, positive, deep seated philosophy and wisdom, that the atom was in fact an idea and the more physicists looked the less they saw and the stranger things got. - That I sat in a bar, looking into a beer glass and said "This is not even real, there is nothing even there" I went home and booked a ticket to India.

Yet to go home. Many books read. Many experiences had. Completely new view on life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

3 comments:

Eric Dubay said...

For me I had heard Bill Hicks and read Chomsky, Watts, and other such caliber writers in college. Trying magic mushrooms for the first time felt like a spiritual awakening (and a booster every time since). But then after moving to Thailand, one day at an internet cafe I started watching Michael Tsarion, David Icke, and Alex Jones, and from that time on I've felt like my life is on "awakening overdrive" with no end in sight.

~Eric
www.atlanteanconspiracy.com
www.ericdubay.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Unlearn the Learned.

The Rambling Taoist said...

I often feel that way several times each day!