For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

Buddha was right

When I looked into Buddhism numerous times on my spiritual journey it would often induce a little depression and misalignment with the world. I though that this must be either due to me needing more work or because the teachings were contaminated and I was not seeing what the Buddha intended his teachings to carry.

I would always default to my position of "Tao-but not wanting to call it tao-nature-freedom-be-yourselfness". Not letting my mind be shaped, just reflecting and letting go, walking my own way. The message from Buddhism seemed to be that you could attain a "perfection" but Tao and life showed over and over that perfection is a bad, impossible, unnatural, tough and transient delusion.

Then though, as I walked the path of me, I discovered that that was just what the Buddha had done and said others should do (you're reading this and aiming for the comment button to say how obvious that is but ..). This may seem obvious; even I had grasped it by logic, said it, written it, "known it" - but only on it being the case within, was it a real truth.

And I have to say, looking back at similar times to today and today, there is an incredibly powerful energy, devoid of good, bad, I, you, this that, happy, sad - which does manifest as a bliss, sitting ever present behind every act of the universe.

I did have to unlearn a lot, forgive, accept, meditate, work - work not to achieve but to unachieve the "qualities" life had instilled my ego with, to uncover a truth that the Buddha had too discovered and wished to share with the world.

He was right, it was always there, will always be, we just have to see the obvious and this does take some work; just not perhaps of the kind carried by the mountains of text in the Buddhist canon, but just work to be sure you are being the real you and not the one shaped by the external world, family and peers.

As the 130 year old woman said of her life now, "It is nice to have no peer pressure".

He was right. Anyone following him is a fool. Anything written is dirt. But is sure is a powerful truth resting behind the mask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

No comments: