For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

inclusive

Our boss had yet another day off work recently for an important Jewish holiday. I jested with an older workmate at how I may become a Jew as they get so much time off, I explained to him (with tongue in cheek) how this important day was in celebration of the Jewish people being blessed for this and that - and I ended, still tongue in cheek, on 'What lucky people they are'.

Point missed the older workmate said "well we are too". He did however make a very fine point that "heaven is here, this is paradise, many don't know it but it is what you make of it that counts". Wise words there.

On the note of them and us, the 'we are too' statement, well this is the basis of an all too easy trap to fall into. If you are in another religious group or even if you are non-religious then you are in a group. I can not be critical or apart from any religion without 1) upholding it as a genuine thing 2) being in a group myself. So I'd be more inclined to say I am one with you all, just being.

We are all being and can't deny it, this is where we share perfection. The group, religious, otherwise or even non-religious are mind-made groups, full of division and the inevitable fall-out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

No comments: