For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

What good is God?

On Truth is Within there is a piece called "What use is God?"

I felt like commenting but then realized I had lost the email account I used for Wordpress logins. As I could not comment over there I'll make my point here.

To someone claiming God is real and that arguments against the existence of God are puerile I'd say this...

"Are you God?"

They'd answer "No".

I'd say "So then God does not exist"

As explanation I'd point out that if God was Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and so on, yet this person said they were not God, then case closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

5 comments:

Rizal Affif - The Soul Sanctuary said...

Are you Tao?

Ta-Wan said...

All Is

Rizal Affif - The Soul Sanctuary said...

So God is :)

Ta-Wan said...

Is that supposed to be wise logic?

You're naming All as God and this is very much not the God debated in the post I linked to.

You're saying that God = Tao and in these pages you'll never hear that. Tao is the inexpressible, undivided whereas God in the post I linked to and the way I use the word is an entity other than the one who believes in it. Not oneness.

If you use the word God to mean one and all then you must qualify that point as in the modern vernacular it is not that.

Rizal Affif - The Soul Sanctuary said...

If that's the case... agreed.

Indeed in the post you linked--and in usage by most believers--God is perceived as different entity though it is also said God is Omnipresent; a failure in logic, too.

BTW I sincerely do not understand modern vernacular or such, all I see is God or Tao or Brahman is just the same, I could even use just any random word to refer to it.