For every act of evil, there is an act of beauty. You Can't Change the World, Only Your Attitude Towards It.

A cartoon on enlightenment.

1) (Normal person, getting on with life. Walking through a park, care free, whistling. Bird flying out from near by tree).

2) (Person continues walking) (Appearing in shot - A 'Guru' sitting) "You know there is a way called the enlightened way" says the Guru.

"What does that mean?" asks the person.

3) (person, now standing near the sitting Guru). Guru says "It means that you are asleep, you are in bondage - I am enlightened"

4) (person now sitting, book in hand) Thinks - "It seems I must now look hard and work to become enlightened too. Now I know I'm a separate, unawakened being - I have to get there."

5) (time has passed, person now has beard)

6) (Normal person, getting on with life. Walking through a park (with beard), care free, whistling. Bird flying out from near by tree). "Finally I'm free from this quest for enlightenment - I'm awakened!"

7) (Person continues walking) (Appearing in shot - A 'Guru' sitting) "You know there is a way called the enlightened way" says the Guru.

"Yes, thanks" (continues walking)

8) (and walking...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tao Wow | Daily Cup of Tao

No comments: